We are thrilled to announce that CDE is hiring!
Please share broadly with your networks or consider applying!
We are looking to fill the position of office manager. This is a 1FTE (40 hours/week) non-exempt hourly position. This schedule may vary to include some weekends and evenings. Pay Range is $15.00-$20.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Scope of Responsibility
The Office Manager is responsible for maintaining day-to-day operations of the Center for Diversity & the Environment’s (CDE) Portland office. This position will assist with a variety of administrative, logistic and clerical tasks related to development, program delivery, and administrative functions. This position plays a central role supporting the smooth functioning of CDE while also assisting our Director.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- General Office Management
- Handle day-to-day operations of the office, including maintenance of office equipment
- Provide administrative support, including database input, generation of lists and coordinating mailings
- Order and maintaining stock of office supplies
- Pick up, sort and send office mail
- Assist with bank deposits
- Manage electronic files on server
- Perform myriad of miscellaneous tasks as needed
Executive Assistant Duties
- Assist with communications including writing and editing correspondence.
- Assist with various daily activities and projects.
Prepare and distribute notes from meetings
- Compiling Director receipts, completing expense and mileage reports
- Create PowerPoint presentations and conduct research
- Manage the Director’s calendar and arrange meetings
- Make travel arrangements
- Support database migration & continued updates of information
- Generate letters, labels and lists
- Conduct database queries, list generation and data analysis
- Other development support duties as assigned
Logistics & administration
- Provide logistical support and administration for various CDE activities
- Coordinate event outreach and scheduling
- Manage program registration
- Respond to program inquiries
- Maintain and refine a portfolio of CDE program delivery materials
- Other duties as needed
- Minimum three years of office management experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite, QuickBooks, database management platforms and constant contact
- Proven strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent editing skills for content and grammar/spelling
- Proven organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail
- Sophisticated knowledge of the Internet, including collaborative cloud-based tools
- Proven solid electronic file management skills
- Ability to organize time, manage diverse activities, and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to coordinate the schedule and contacts of Director
- Experience confidently working and communicating with diverse groups of people
- Confident and poised with the public
- Event organizing experience
- Ability to manage administrative support staff/volunteers
Special Considerations/Restrictions of the Position
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
We envision a healthy, flourishing planet and society that sustainably and equitably meets the needs of all through an environmental movement that is diverse, inclusive, successful, vibrant, and relevant, taking into account the needs, perspectives, and voices of all. The Center for Diversity and the Environment harnesses the power of racial and ethnic diversity to transform the US environmental movement by developing leaders, catalyzing change within institutions, and building alliances.